Many ladies may have heard of strep throat. which is a disease caused by infection with viruses and bacteria in the air And the effects of this disease are considered to be more serious than expected. Therefore, we invite everyone to understand about this disease. To be able to prevent, observe symptoms, and know the causes of strep throat in a comprehensive manner.
What is strep throat?
Strep throat or Pharyngitis is a disease caused by infection with both viruses and bacteria in the air. This type of disease can spread into the body at any age. And if the patient is a child, they are at risk of causing dangerous complications such as rheumatic heart disease.
Symptoms of strep throat
Symptoms of strep throat vary. Depends on the cause of the infection as follows https://ufabet999.com:
1. Symptoms caused by a virus infection The symptom is characterized by a hoarse voice. Symptoms include dry throat, red throat, fever lower than bacterial infection, runny nose, loss of appetite, fatigue, rash on the skin. and may have symptoms of heat And in the case of pediatric patients, diarrhea is also present.
2. Symptoms caused by bacterial infection Symptoms are characterized by a fever. Aches and pains, discomfort, headaches, red spots or white and gray spots on the neck. The neck is swollen but when pressed there is no pain. And in children’s patients, abdominal pain and nausea and vomiting are also present.
Causes of strep throat
The causes of strep throat are bacteria and viruses. This is the same type of virus as the common cold, diphtheria, chicken pox or Croup’s syndrome. In addition to viruses and bacteria being the main causes of strep throat, There are other causes. that can also cause symptoms of strep throat, such as
1. Caused by abnormal symptoms in the throat, such as muscles in the throat becoming irritated, tightness, or a tumor in the throat.
2. Caused by the effects of various diseases such as sinus disease, acid reflux, or diseases that affect bacterial or viral infections in the throat.
3. Caused by the environment around you, such as being in an area where there is an outbreak of germs that cause strep throat.
4. Caused by smoking Cigarette smoke can also cause infection.
How to treat strep throat
As for the treatment of strep throat, symptoms should be treated until the infection is eliminated through the body’s immune system. along with taking care of yourself in the following ways
1. Throat inflammation caused by a viral infection Should be treated with adequate rest. Drink lots of water. Always drink warm water. Eat foods that are easily digested Do not allow your throat to dry out. and take fever reducing medicine or painkillers as prescribed by the doctor
2. Throat inflammation caused by a bacterial infection Treat with medicine that can kill germs as prescribed by the doctor. It is necessary to take the medicine continuously for 7-10 days strictly. You should not stop taking your medicine when you feel better. Because it will result in the treatment not being successful. and may cause drug resistance.
How to prevent strep throat
As for how to prevent strep throat This can be done by giving importance to washing hands before and after doing various activities. Avoid smoking or inhaling cigarette smoke. Wear a mask when in outbreak areas. And avoid sharing things with people who have strep throat. Even though this method cannot be prevented directly. But it can reduce the chance of infection quite a bit.
Chronic strep throat results in stenosis of the heart.
As for strep throat that results in heart stenosis, Caused by infection with group A streptococcus bacteria, also called Group A Streptococcus. which cannot be cured and becomes chronic strep throat Affects the heart Especially among young patients, they are at greater risk of developing rheumatic fever. which if not treated closely It may increase inflammation of the heart and cause heart stenosis.
Symptoms of stenosis of the heart caused by chronic strep throat May require heart transplant surgery. This is considered an effect of strep throat that many people may view as a disease that can be easily cured. But don’t forget that various diseases If not treated closely There is always a chance of increasing the risk to life.